Friday, September 20, 2013

The Kickoff

This is not a manifesto.  It's a redirection.  I've been blogging for ten years now, but lately my output has begun to lag.  Months go by between new posts, and I find it harder and harder to infuse meaning into recounting my daily interactions.  By now I'm bored of writing about myself, and I'm anxious to take on something new.

So this is something new.  It's an exploration into the world of wellness, from every angle that I can access it.  I want to be well (most people do) but there are limits to my abilities and my willpower.  I used to smoke and eat cheese; now I run and eat salads.  I've made changes and I hope to make more, but I don't think I can give up gluten or red meat or gourmet cupcakes.  I want to be well but I'm not ready to be perfect.

Mine is not a holistic approach to wellness.  It's halflistic.  It's a yoga class class and a chocolate brownie; it's a concerted effort with a margin for error.  This blog is a public exploration of where I'm going and how I'm getting there.  I'll be taking the long way and documenting my progress, and I'll record it all right here.  

No comments:

Post a Comment